The new year brings new motivation and resolutions. Many of us may be opting to eat healthier this new year. If so, this is the recipe for you. The moist chicken paired with the beautifully roasted vegetables makes the perfect well-rounded dinner for you or the family. And it’s so delicious, it’s sure to please any eater.
Ingredients for the Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Greek salad dressing/ marinade
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small (or ½ large) red onion, sliced in thin rounds
- 2 lemons sliced
- 16 basil leaves (4 on each breast)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: top chicken with feta cheese and capers
Ingredients for the Glaze
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Place the chicken in a large bowl or plastic bag with the marinade (or dressing). Add enough marinade to evenly coat the chicken. Marinate overnight or just while preparing other ingredients.
- On a large sheet pan, evenly spread the onions and tomatoes. Place the chicken on top, pouring any remaining marinade on the chicken and vegetables.
- Season heavily with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the sliced lemons evenly over the top of each chicken breast along with four basil leaves.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 °F.
- While the chicken cooks, place the honey, chili garlic sauce, and water in a small pan. Heat on medium until it is evenly combined and begins to boil.
- When the chicken is done, spoon the honey chili sauce over each breast. Top with feta cheese and capers if desired. Enjoy!
Guest Blogger: James Madison Dietetics