Are you in need of a quick, on the go breakfast everyone in the family will love? These breakfast egg cups are easy to make and will last a week in the fridge or a month in the freezer. Just throw them in the microwave until hot and they are ready to go!
Ingredients: to make 12 muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- ¾ cup of spinach
- ⅓ cup of cheddar cheese
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dice the bell pepper into small pieces. Stack the spinach leaves, roll them up, and slice them thin.
- Add the peppers, spinach, and shredded cheddar to the egg mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until centers are set and no longer runny.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
* You can add in a variety of vegetables and protein – diced onion, kale, chopped mushrooms, diced tomatoes, chopped bacon or ground sausage, the possibilities are endless!
Guest Bloggers: James Madison Dietetics
Alexandra Balbontin, Taylor Coleman, Julia Danisewicz, Emily Salvaggio, and Taylor Singleton