Chocolate Chip Banana-Pumpkin Bread
This recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and put you right into the cozy fall spirit. Make use of your forgotten bananas with this tasty treat that is sure to put a smile on your face any time of the day. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a midnight snack… we won’t tell.
- 2 c. + 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. each powdered ginger, pumpkin spice seasoning, and nutmeg
- 3 overripe bananas
- ¾ c. pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/3 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk of your choosing)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, but any will work)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate larger bowl, peel and mash the bananas.
- To the bananas, add the rest of the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Should be well mixed but will be lumpy (that’s okay!).
- To the wet ingredients, slowly begin to mix in the dry ingredients in small increments. Continue until all the dry ingredients have been incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Before adding the chocolate chips to the batter, lightly coat the chips with the reserved 1 tsp. of flour. This ensures that they incorporate evenly throughout the batter and do not sink to the bottom.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off but leave the bread in the oven for 10 more minutes. Do not open the oven.
- After the 40 minutes total of cook time, a toothpick should come out clean – if not, continue baking. Once it is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Once slightly cooled… enjoy!!!
Guest Blogger: James Madison Dietetics