Cozy Pumpkin Chili
Need something to warm you up as the temperature outside begin to drop? This cozy pumpkin chilly embodies all the flavors of fall and is warming enough to take you through the winter chill.
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with their liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- ½ (15 ounce) can of kidney beans
- ½ (15 ounce) can of garbanzo beans
- 4 links of chicken sausage, chopped (optional)
- Add oil to a large pot and heat over high heat.
- Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapenos, garlic, and zucchini stirring until tender.
- Add the chicken sausage into the pot. Cook until lightly browned.
- Then, add in the tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the kidney beans and garbanzo beans and reduce the heat (medium low).
- Cover the chili and stir every few minutes for about 30 minutes, until it is nice and thick.
Guest Bloggers: James Madison Dietetics
Alexandra Balbontin, Taylor Coleman, Julia Danisewicz, Emily Salvaggio, and Taylor Singleton