These easy quinoa pizza bites will satisfy your every pizza cravings. They are protein packed, delicious, and great for parties! This can last for about one week in the fridge in an air-tight container .You can freeze them and pop them in the oven to heat them up for a snack on the go. This recipe is easily modifiable, add in your favorite chopped veggies, mini pepperonis, or your favorite type of cheese.
- ½ cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, mozzarella works best
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinara Sauce, optional for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F
- Mix 1/2 cup uncooked and washed quinoa with 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil first and then lower heat.
- Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes until fluffy, yielding 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- Grease a 12 mini-muffin tin pan
- Mix all of the ingredients together
- Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the pan
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!!
Guest Bloggers: James Madison Dietetics
Alexandra Balbontin, Taylor Coleman, Julia Danisewicz, Emily Salvaggio, and Taylor Singleton