The Friendly City Food Co-Op Ownership Application
Find out all about the benefits of Co-op Ownership here.
There are two easy ways to apply for Friendly City Food Co-op Ownership– just take your pick!
- You can print out the application and fill it in – just click the button to download it. You’ll bring your filled out application, with payment, into the store during regular business hours.
- You can now fill out the owner application online (below) and submit it, along with your PayPal payment, directly through the website.
Important Notes: Please read the full document carefully. No voting rights are obtained until payments have been completed. All members (share owners) must be residents of Virginia. After we receive your papers, we will sign the document and send you a receipt. We retain the original document. As a new member, you will be kept up to date on progress of the cooperative and notified of member meetings and important information. Attendance at the annual member meeting is not required, but encouraged as we must have a quorum of members to be able to hold meetings.
Fill Out The Friendly City Food Co-Op Ownership Application Form Online
If you would rather fill out the new ownership application form online instead of bringing in a hard copy, you can do so below.
New Owner Application
Friendly City Food Co-op Share Purchase Agreement
As an owner (“member”) of Friendly City Food Co-op, I agree to and understand the following terms:
• I agree to buy one Class A (voting) share for a total share investment of $200.
• The first signer (the same person named on the first page) is the only legal member and retains the
voting right as well as any benefit potentially disbursed, including patronage rebates and equity
refunds, as well as any tax or similar benefits.
• This application is subject to approval by the board of directors of the co-op, and ownership is subject
to the co-op’s articles of incorporation, bylaws and share agreement terms listed on this page.
• The share is 100% at risk for this business venture; there is no guarantee you will receive back all or any
portion of this investment.
• Only the additional persons (named on the first page) in my household may use my owner account
• All members (share owners) must be residents of Virginia; no one outside of the Commonwealth of
Virginia is permitted to become a member. A corporation, partnership, trust or other form of business
organization purchasing shares must also be organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of
Virginia and have its principal office in Virginia.
• The share represented by this agreement may be transferred only to the cooperative or to a person or
persons designated or approved by the board of directors of the cooperative in its sole discretion, at its
• This agreement will not terminate pursuant to the articles of incorporation or bylaws of the cooperative.
If I resign from the co-op or my ownership is ended for any reason, the co-op may refund my paid
owner equity as provided in the bylaws.
• I understand that my membership and any unclaimed patronage rebate will be considered abandoned
if: I do not make a purchase from the co-op in over a 3-year period, I do not provide a current address
for over 3 years, or request a refund of my owner equity in either of those 3-year periods.