Fresh. Light. Tasty. This salad is the perfect way to ring in spring. Make this salad for yourself or double, triple, even quadruple the recipe to make and share with others! It is perfect to bring to a party or pair with protein for a hearty meal!
Salad dressing ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 6-8 Strawberries
- 1 T. Honey
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
Salad Dressing Instructions (makes 2-3 servings)
- Chop up strawberries, throw in bowl, and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Once the strawberries come out of the microwave, mash them with a fork.
- On low heat add mashed strawberries, honey, and apple cider vinegar to a pot and stir until combined and most strawberry chunks are mashed.
- If some strawberries chunks still remain, strain if desired.
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- 1/2- 1 cup of arugula
- 1 beet
- 5 asparagus
- ¼ cucumber
- Chop asparagus and beets as you please and roast in the oven at 400 for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Dice the cucumber.
- In a large bowl add spinach, arugula, and cucumbers.
- Once the asparagus and beets come out from the oven, let them cool, and then add them to the salad.
- Top the salad with dressing and enjoy!
Guest Bloggers: James Madison Dietetics
Alexandra Balbontin, Taylor Coleman, Julia Danisewicz, Emily Salvaggio, and Taylor Singleton