Golden Beet and Lentil Curry
Beautifully colored and even better tasting vegetables are the star of this delightful soup. This is the perfect dish to cozy up to on a cold evening. It is full of flavor and will fill up your home with the warm and savory aroma. Serve it over rice, with bread, or all alone, either way you will not be disappointed.
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 4 cups rainbow chard (chopped into 1 in. pieces)
- 3 beets (approximately 1 cup, diced into ½ in. pieces)
- 2 cups multi-colored carrots (approximately 7, diced into ½ in. pieces)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 ½ tsp green curry paste
- 2 ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp harissa puree
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 3 tbsp fresh mint (cut in thin ribbons)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large stock pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, curry paste, salt, and pepper to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the lentils, beets, and carrots to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes.
- To the pot, add the broth, coconut milk, harissa puree, salt, and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chard, vinegar, lemon juice, and sriracha. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, top with fresh mint, season with salt and pepper then enjoy!
Guest Blogger: James Madison Dietetics