Makes 12 muffins
If you’re an apple lover, this easy to make apple cider muffin recipe is perfect for you. These healthy muffins are packed with apple cider, crisp fuji apples, and applesauce. Naturally sweetened and super moist, they take only 30 minutes to make and are a delicious snack or breakfast option for fall.
2 cups spelt flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
½ cup apple cider
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup applesauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup diced fuji apples
¾ cup shredded apples
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix flax seed mixture, apple cider, maple syrup, applesauce, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add diced and shredded apples and stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix to combine.
- Line a muffin tin with twelve greased muffin liners. Divide muffin mixture evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
By Tiffany Wu / Guest Blogger
Tiffany is a student at JMU, majoring in dietetics. Her family owned a Chinese restaurant when she was growing up, so her passion for food and cooking began at an early age. She especially likes creating delicious and healthy plant-based recipes.