Makes 8 tacos
These roasted mushroom tacos with avocado crema are sure to satisfy your taco cravings and can be made in 30 minutes or less. Roasted mushrooms seasoned with chili powder and cumin form the base of these tacos and provide hearty, umami flavor. A simple three-ingredient salsa featuring sweet corn, a squeeze of lime juice, and fresh cilantro adds extra flavor and texture to the tacos. The avocado crema is so easy to make and all you have to do is blend avocado, unsweetened almond milk, lime juice, and salt in a blender until it reaches a smooth consistency. A drizzle of silky avocado crema on top of the tacos balances out the spices in this dish. Try making these tacos for a simple and flavorful meal.
16 oz. baby bella mushrooms, quartered
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. cumin
¼ cup liquid aminos
2 cups corn
½ cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp. lime juice
8 corn tortillas
Avocado Crema Ingredients:
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp. lime juice
½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/3 cup water, liquid aminos, chili powder, and cumin. Add mushrooms to the marinade and mix. Let marinate for 10 minutes. When oven is done preheating, roast mushrooms for 10 minutes.
- Prepare corn salsa by mixing together corn, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Blend all avocado crema ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Warm corn tortillas in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Layer an equal amount of mushrooms and corn salsa on each tortilla. Drizzle avocado crema on top of each taco. Serve immediately and enjoy!
By Tiffany Wu / Guest Blogger
Tiffany is a student at JMU, majoring in dietetics. Her family owned a Chinese restaurant when she was growing up, so her passion for food and cooking began at an early age. She especially likes creating delicious and healthy plant-based recipes.