These meatballs wrap the flavors of the holidays into one tasty little bite. They will make the perfect entrée to a weeknight dinner or be the star appetizer of your holiday party. Not to mention, they’re full of healthy, good-for-you ingredients!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2/3 c breadcrumbs
- 1/3 c cranberries (roughly chopped)
- ½ c granny smith apple (finely diced)
- 1 egg
- ¼ c yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1/3 c finely grated parmesan cheese
- 6 sage leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Optional: 1-2 T. freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except olive oil and parsley. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix, that will make tough meatballs!
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil (preferably cast-iron to finish cooking in the oven).
- Form even shaped meatballs and place into the oiled skillet.
- Brown the meatballs on medium to high heat for 8 minutes.
- Finish cooking in the oven for another 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with parsley if desired, and enjoy!
Guest Blogger: James Madison Dietetics