Craving pizza, but also want to get in your serving of veggies? Well then, this pizza is for you! This pizza is so fun because it has a sweet potato crust and can be personalized by choosing to top it with your favorite sauce and veggies.
SWEET POTATO CRUST
1 medium sweet potato
1 egg or flax egg
½ cup oats or ¼ cup oats and 1 ½ tbsp. coconut flour
½ tbsp. oregano
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of onion powder
Dash of basil
1 tbsp. hummus of choice
Dairy free mozzarella cheese
Handful of spinach
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Microwave sweet potato and peel off skin.
- Add all of the sweet potato crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line an 8-inch cake tin with parchment paper and pour the crust mixture into the tin, spreading it evenly across the bottom approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Cook the crust for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pizza, make sure the top is no longer squishy, and add toppings. I chose to add beet hummus, dairy free mozzarella cheese, spinach, peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, and broccoli, but feel free to add whatever veggies and sauce that you please!
- Stick the pizza back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Guest Bloggers: James Madison Dietetics
Alexandra Balbontin, Taylor Coleman, Julia Danisewicz, Andrea George, Emily Salvaggio, and Taylor Singleton