Makes 14 cookies
Peanut butter lovers, rejoice! These moist and chewy peanut butter cookies are made with fresh peanut butter from the Co-op’s peanut butter grinder. The interactive, user-friendly grinder transforms organic dry roasted peanuts into smooth peanut butter in seconds. One helpful feature is that you can choose exactly how much peanut butter you would like. Fresh peanut butter is loaded with nutrients such as heart healthy monounsaturated fat, protein, and fiber. I highly recommend trying it because of its rich peanut flavor.
These tender cookies are easy to make and take only 10 minutes to bake. They are lightly coated in organic sugar, which adds extra sweetness and texture to the cookies. You can find organic sugar in the Co-op’s bulk bin section. Enjoy these peanut butter cookies alone or with a glass of your favorite type of milk.
1 cup freshly ground peanut butter
1/2 cup organic sugar + 2 tbsp. for coating
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Dash of salt
Coconut Oil (to grease the baking sheet)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Using a hand mixer, cream peanut butter and sugar for 1 minute. Add in vanilla extract and beat for 30 seconds.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix with a spoon to combine.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to peanut butter and sugar mixture. Beat for 1 minute. Add in almond milk. Beat for 30 seconds. The cookie dough should be slightly crumbly.
5. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and lightly grease with coconut oil.
6. Form cookie dough balls (1.5 tbsp. each) and roll each ball in sugar to coat. Form a crisscross pattern by flattening a fork one way and then the other onto each cookie dough ball.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 20 minutes and enjoy!
By Tiffany Wu / Guest Blogger
Tiffany is a student at JMU, majoring in dietetics. Her family owned a Chinese restaurant when she was growing up, so her passion for food and cooking began at an early age. She especially likes creating delicious and healthy plant-based recipes.