Makes 4 potatoes
Bake them, mash them, steam them….the possibilities with potatoes are endless! These garlic herb hasselback potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I like to use gold potatoes for this recipe because they have a buttery flavor and delicate skin. Avocado oil has a mild flavor and helps the potatoes become golden brown. This versatile oil has a high smoke point, which makes it ideal for high temperature cooking methods such as roasting and stir-frying. Try making these eye-catching hasselback potatoes and enjoy them as a side dish or appetizer.
4 medium gold potatoes, washed
2 tbsp. avocado oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried parsley
4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix oregano, parsley, salt, and avocado oil.
- Slice the potato into ¼ inch slices, stopping just before you cut all the way through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato. You can use two chopsticks or two wooden spoons and place them on either side of the potato to act as a guide.
- Tuck slices of garlic in between slices of potato. Divide the herbed oil mixture and coat each potato evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!